The Lutheran High School Association of St. Louis is seeking to hire a full-time School Nurse for Lutheran High School North. Lutheran North is a diverse educational community whose unity is in Jesus Christ. This is a very strong and well-supported community and the curriculum is college prep.
Interested applicants should email their resume and cover letter to Sharon Thurman, Human Resources Manager: firstname.lastname@example.org
. This is a non-exempt/hourly positions and benefits include: paid vacation and sick leave; health and retirement benefits.
Administers nursing care under the guidelines of the school system. Participates in the implementation and evaluation of student care. Ensures the health, comfort and safety of students. Relies on experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provides first aid care and medically prescribed services.
- Serves as a resource person on health issues.
- Screens and conducts health appraisals for students.
- Corresponds with parents on health needs of children.
- Records immunizations, health findings, and other relevant health data.
- Have strong knowledge of federal, state and local compliance guidelines
- Understand how to function as a team player with faculty and staff
- Understand how to deal with sensitive and confidential medical information
- Have organizational, multi-tasking and prioritizing skills
- Understand how to use various technologies to complete nursing tasks
- Have a strong work ethic and commitment to professionalism
- Other duties may be assigned
- Registered Nurse, bachelor’s degree preferred; graduate of an accredited school of nursing required
- Current Missouri license; current CPR/AED/FA certification
- Minimum of three years' work experience as a school nurse
- Strong judgment and decision-making skills
- Ability to work independently
- Must be computer literate